Modern businesses and communities require the latest technology in order to thrive and compete, to enable effective coverage for the emergency services for emergency responders, and to reduce the need to travel. This brings pressures for new infrastructure and equipment which can be challenging to accommodate without impact on Dartmoor’s landscape character and built environment.
- Maintain positive and proactive support for new technology such as mobile and broadband telecommunications. Seek to avoid or mitigate impacts on Dartmoor’s special qualities through careful siting, design and location and working in partnership to promote the sharing of masts and other infrastructure.
- Manage new or upgraded infrastructure through strong Local Plan policies and development management
- Support landscape enhancements through undergrounding and removal or obsolete equipment
About the National Park
Developing the Plan
- The Vision
- Climate Change
- Better for the Next Generation
- Better for Nature
- Better for Cultural Heritage
- Better for Farming and Forestry
- Better for People
- Better for Communities
- Key challenges