Stimulating green travel
What does success look like?
There are fewer cars on the road no congestion or inappropriate parking as people arrive by other means of transport.
How will this be achieved?
We will achieve this by developing a green transport strategy (by end 2021) to increase the number of people accessing and moving around the National Park sustainably, including the following actions:
- Develop and promote a network of multi-functional bus services to and around Dartmoor, linking settlements and rail links. These networks should be dual function, providing services that serve the needs of local residents, are affordable and carry bikes
- Utilise new technology to improve service and reduce carbon emissions
- Deliver a coordinated network of electric charging points available for visitors and residents
- Develop safe multi-user route networks as part of the Strategy, providing a strategic network to get people to and around the National Park and increase length of stay
- Develop a communication strategy to encourage non car-based travel
- Extend car park charges to support delivery of National Park purposes.
- The Vision
- Climate Change
- Better for the Next Generation
- Better for Nature
- Better for Cultural Heritage
- Better for Farming and Forestry
- Better for People
- Better for Communities
- Key challenges