Dartmoor – an inspirational place where, in 2034:
- the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage are conserved, sustained and enhanced;
- local people and visitors enjoy and learn more about the National Park; and
- local communities and businesses prosper and benefit from Dartmoor's human and natural resources.
The National Park is an exemplar in delivering a range of public benefits, and leading the way in developing new approaches and thinking.
The Vision is set around achievement of National Park purposes:
- to conserve and enhance the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage; and
- to promote opportunities for the understanding and enjoyment of the special qualities of the area by the public.
And the duty to:
- seek to foster the economic and social well-being of local communities within the National Park.
It contributes to the government's vision for National Parks in England.